...I'm also working on. First is the Micropanzer 'Amakudari Strider', a nice companion for the Russian Heavy Combat Armour a couple of posts below. The Strider is a kit of several parts and it's advisable to drill and pin to secure joins. I did over a dozen, by hand with a pin vice - fingers are still sore! I think this is one of most aesthetcally pleasing 'mechs' I've seen in any scale. I'm planning a little diorama on this base - another of Ian's (Fenris Games) 'Ark' bases - a couple of figures and some crates/boxes. At the moment I've only painted the base camo.
The second vehicle (yes, another Warthog) is an experiment in creating digital camo using dot matrix pre-cut masking tape. It's a great product - adheres very well, very little damage to the underlying paintwork when peeled off and no seepage! Bugger to apply and keep it all at right-angles though. I got mine from Japan and I'm not aware that it's available elswhere although Jed is hoping to stock it sometime in the near future. As I say, very much an experiment.....
Rebasing 28mm ACW
1 month ago