Monday, 27 February 2012

Russian Heavy Combat Armour: first...

...build-up. Putting the first suit together proved to be pretty painless.The hips and legs have a male/female join via a pin and socket and allow a little variation in the placement of the legs. I did drill out the socket on the legs a little so that the gap would be smaller (I liked the idea of it being a worn suit rather than a 'robot'). To achieve this 'look' successfully you would probabley have to add covers to the shoulder/arm joint......Anyway I drilled and pinned the arms to the shoulders (the right is not fixed as I want to remove it for ease of painting - head and headguard too) and the torso to the hips to strengthen these joins and then glued the upper arm-guards. I then added the hands (the right has the weapon attached) after drilling and pinning.Very simple build and it looks great!





I also took some comparison pics...





and a couple just for Steve...

As you can see - universally ubiquitous! I'm really looking forward to getting paint on these (when I decide upon a scheme) but I don't know when that will be.....

No comments:

Post a comment