...or to give them their full title, 'British Army - Platoon pack - Vehicle Dismounts Para Helmet' (28 highly detailed, expertly cast resin miniatures for £60 - that's just over £2 each! Amazing value!). So twenty eight to paint (you may have to be a little patient, Alan!) and, as promised to several people, a tutorial on my method and colour choices for painting Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP) camoulflage clothing and equipment. I've started ten of the twenty-eight miniatures and have completed the face, helmet straps, earphones/microphone and the eye protectors on all of the ten. I don't intend discussing the colours I've used but if you would find it helpful I shall do so at a later date.
As you can see from the images below I have also painted the helmets on two of the figures to test whether it was feasible to paint the helmet's camo cover then paint the netting over the cover: it's feasible but not worth the effort as the space where the cover would be visible is minute and would not be seen, particularly on a gaming table. I will paint the netting in the base colour, add a darker wash then overpaint the netting with a lighter shade of the base colour. can you tell which one has the camo cover?
...decals done, almost ready for weathering. I have to add the underwing engines (edit: done) and the sensor turret under the nose still. The doors will remain loose until I make a decision on the diorama setting.
...this is the single seater, one-man (person) version but there is also a two seater. The rider is separate from the bike as are the riders arms and steering controls/handlebars (which are attached to the arms). I understand from Bob that he is making and supplying a set of separate handlebars so the bike can be displayed dismounted. The casting includes a set of 'feet' under the bike so it can stand unaided and there will likely be a flying stand included. I am painting the bike and rider separately and when finished will glue the body on the bike then add the arms and controls (they just slide into the slot on the top of the bike). The fit of parts is exemplary and I didn't encounter any problems when dry fitting the various parts together. The bike I have is actually a prototype 3D print and not a resin casting but as with the resin casting of the 'Overrunner' trooper below, it is pretty flawless and the design is excellent. The bike itself is almost finished I just need to add a couple of filters and a bit more wear&tear/weathering.