Wednesday, 27 March 2013
Monday, 25 March 2013
Saturday, 23 March 2013
Thursday, 21 March 2013
...almost ready for cleaning and priming. I've added a few scrap bits of brass to make the interior look a little 'busier' eg. weapons stowage clips (a bit overscale I know but they'll look better once painted and with the weapons in situ) - the weapons just clip in so can be painted and added later.
I also added some 'tie-down' rings to the cargo floor
Sunday, 17 March 2013
...driver. I used a new bottle of the base grey (Vallejo London Grey) and the colour is lighter and slightly more matt. I quite like the lighter colour though and will go with it. A little more work to do on this figure and the head is not positioned permanantly yet (I'll do that once he's in place in the vehicle)
Saturday, 16 March 2013
Friday, 15 March 2013
....base-coated, washed with black oils, drybrushed with gradually lighter shades of the base coat and then the edges picked out with a much lighter grey (the contrast is a bit harsh at this stage but that will soften with subsequent filters and weathering!). Oh, and a small conversion you might like to try.
I swapped the legs to create a 'hover' version of the Mule using Hobby Base Flexible Pipe (medium) to create nozzles. The two parts are a nozzle shaped piece open at the end and a ball joint that fits into the socket on the Mule (you can vary the position of the nozzle to a certain degree too). Mine still needs a little cleaning up as I missed some sprue attachment due to the parts being transparent.