Sunday 24 February 2013

Still waiting for my Eisenkern...

...plastic troopers from Dreamforge. I was very flattered to be asked by Mark if I'd like to paint a few but painting and family committments at the moment meant I had to very reluctantly decline this wonderful opportunity. Having said that I did invest in the Kickstarter and I'm eagerly waiting for the 'troops' to arrive. I'm sure there will be a flood of expertly painted Eisenkern appearing on blogs and forums over the next few months so I thought I'd concentrate on the conversion potential of the material and make a few mini dioramas.
Here's an idea for you....if you look closely at the selection of leg poses you'll see a couple of kneeling positions one with the right knee down and one with the left. These appear to be in two halves so if you combine the right and left legs of the pair you can create a sitting pose which can then be used in vehicles. Now I know mark has designed a superb looking APC with seated Eisenkern troopers but this (and the troopers) won't be available until later this year.
I experimented with a couple of the metal Eisenkern kneeling legs - I had to cut these in half with my Dremel - and this is what I came up with (figure is just tacked together)

























...another appealing aspect of the plastic Eisenkern is that the 'backpack' is seperate which would enable the figure to sit more naturally in the seat. The vehicle is Antenociti's 'Bear' and I cut away the floor under the dash to accomodate the figures feet and will make a new floor from plastic sheet (on both sides).


















It might also be possible to fit some of the heavy weapons in the cargo area too. I'll let you know.....

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love it! Funny but he actually sits OK even with the pack on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...almost as if it was designed that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you did the legs. I have one im painting up for 40K & ive used old metal Cadian gunners with pig iron heads but i had to do pretty redical surgery to their legs to make them fit.

    Btw ive found the Bear a bit ofd a pain, even after pinning trhe wheels on they still pop off & it needs a real good scrub to make the resin paintable.

    ReplyDelete