Monday 20 September 2010

Jed's Jeep ...

...Jed of Antenociti's Workshop that is! I mentioned this in a previous post and now it's here! Jed liked my Warthog enough to use it on his website and offer me the opportunity to paint some new releases (I get to keep them) in return for photos of the finished article. I've already started converting a female trooper to look as if she's climbing in (or out of) the driver's side. I'm not sure if, when officially released, whether steering wheel and other controls will be included but they weren't in the one I received (along with some other little beauties). I'm using the steering wheel, gear and brake levers from a 1/48 Tamiya Humvee which fit excellently -incidentally the vehicle and troopers look as if they scale out at 1/48 opening a realm of possibilities for equipment, stowage and conversions (drivers for instance).
The kit can be built into one of three options - all included in the kit - shown below
First is the support vehicle - the subject of this particular WIP...


the hardtop (here with a partly painted female G.O.T  trooper and a Tamiya mechanic)...

and without top...

although the photo doesn't show the driver/passenger area clearly there are very nicely detailed seats and dash included.
Jed has started his own WIP on Frothers with lots of very clear photos of placement of parts and options so i'll concentrate on painting. The only difference in the builds so far is that I've reinforced the placement of the front wheels by pinning and added the 'Bull-Bars' (?)...

...the 'pin' is pulling the two axles together and holding them in place tightly against the the locating point.
One more photo with the two troopers I'm painting at the moment...
















More soon...(G.O.T. to catch up with commission work!)

No comments:

Post a Comment